Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Eyes Are On You



Sometimes life gets heavy.
Really heavy.
We aren't sure how we can carry one more thing.
Well intended people share
"God wont give you more than you can handle"
I don't believe that.
He will.
He will stack it on
Higher and higher
Heavier and heavier
Until..
You have no choice
To bend
To break
To come to your knees
To hand all your troubles over

If you're like me you'll try to take back most of what is handed over throughout the day
As nightfall comes
I try again
I hand it over
When day breaks
I take it back again
I guess I like to try and prove how
Strong I am
I don't want to take it back
I want to leave it sitting at the feet of Jesus
and 
never look back and wonder if I should grab just one thing back

I don't want to carry it anymore
None of it,
but I can't help myself
I try anyways
The Lord is faithful to
Carry our burdens Psalm 55:22
Hear our prayers Psalm 39:12
To heal Psalm 103:3
To fresh starts Lamentations 3:23
To make all things new 2 Corinthian 5:17


And even though we like to prove how strong we are
We can stand on the promise
That He will carry us through 
Our darkest of days


Blessed is me...

1 comment: