Friday, September 27, 2013

10 years




I have been Mrs. Linder for 10 years today!
Oh what a year we have had.
Honestly, at times it was really hard.
A couple weeks ago we were on a dinner date and we were talking about the last year and we decided that it was by far the toughest year we have had.
We had trial after trial.

Sickness.
Seeing your husband with a 104 fever so sick and in such pain that he is rocking himself will shake you to the core! Jameson had just gotten over having pneumonia. He was nice and shared it with Daddy. We had three bouts of it in a month.
 Jer is the strength in our family and to see him physically out of commission was so scary and heartbreaking. Hands down worst day ever.

Finances.
I officially hate money.
It is so stressful when you don't have enough and it causes great strife.
Luckily, we are both hard workers and we just kept plugging along.
We experienced major answered prayers in this department.
We needed $1000.00, so I prayed and that day one of my clients bought a gift certificate for just that amount.
 I know some of you will call that coincidence..that's ok I know it wasn't.
This was a great lesson in communication for us even though at times the talking was a little loud.

Fighting.
We have never ever ever fought or argued as much as we did this year.
There were many nights we laid next to each other in bed without ever saying one word the entire day or night.
Silence is REALLY hard for me, but I know that sometimes less is more.
These were really really hard days.
More than once I thought it would be easier to throw in the towel; out of desperation.

BUT!
We also had break through after break through.
We are coming out of this stronger in so many ways.
Stronger in marriage.
Stronger in ourselves.
Stronger in faith.
We know that together we can conquer anything.
We are better at communicating even the really hard stuff.




There were days when Jer would come home and all it took was him looking at me to make me burst into tears. He without hesitation would grab me and hug me through it with no words until I could get it back together. For me, I need to work things through with someone even if it is just a hug.
I know that hug to some is just a hug, but to me it is strength comfort and love.

The way I feel when Jer wraps his arms around me is peaceful and safe even on the worst days.


There were days when he would come home and just head outside. I knew this meant he needed space; not a hug. Jer works things through in his head. He recharges by being home and being alone. This is something I am learning even after 10 years of marriage.


I prayed; a lot
and I had a group of warriors praying us through it too.
I am forever grateful to them.
and we did it.
TOGETHER!

We can't expect that every year is going to be easy or that just because the years stack up that it becomes routine. Every year we grow and change and trials are to be expected.
Jer's Grandma Betty told me
"once you make it to your 20th anniversary the rest is cake"

Not every day has been easy, but every day has had love, love, love.
In every up down and all around Jeremy Ryan has my heart tucked safely inside his where it will stay until the day after forever.

Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
Mark 10:9

Blessed Is Me...

No comments:

Post a Comment