Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pity Party: Table for one

I think we are all friends here
so let me be honest when I say
this week stinks and I am exhausted
It's only Wednesday.

Monday
I ran from here to there and everywhere.
I picked up and delivered a shelf from the salon to the farm.
I then drove back to the salon to pick up and deliver all the toy drive toys to the fairgrounds.
I did my general Monday banking and all the errands for the week.
I had planned on wrapping all the kids Christmas gift, but that didn't happen.
My house looked like a level 5 hurricane hit.
Dishes covered the counter-
Laundry was piled high
I picked up Mad from school because she had a dance performance at Clatsop Care.
While she got ready I made dinner, and washed dishes, so that the boys could eat while we were gone
more dishes
raced home so Mad could eat dinner and change for her CHRISTMAS program.
Came home and fell asleep on the sofa

Tuesday
A full day of work
Grocery shopping, washing and slicing veggies for Lewis and Clark's Teacher 
lunch
Dairy Queen for dinner
Showers for the kids
House is still at level 5 hurricane
Dishes again cover the counter
Laundry, yep it is still piled high
I fell asleep on the sofa before The Farmer was home from feeding cows.

Wednesday
Get things rolling earlier than normal so that I can go set up teacher lunch
I really do LOVE LOVE LOVE our kids' teachers and all the staff at our schools.
They do a great job!
Work is CRAZY
The phone is ringing off the hook!
For that I am thankful
I mess up my schedule and realize I am not going to make it to get the kids from school like I had planned.
The Farmer came to my rescue and went to get them.
Be the end of work I was crabby and on the verge of TOTAL MELTDOWN
I dislike when things don't go according to plan and I was out of niceness
Guitar practice-which was nice to just sit
House still at level 5 hurricane
Dishes again cover the counter
We use a lot of bowls and cups I've noticed
Laundry, well it is a loss cause
We ate frozen pizza for dinner
I don't even care that it tastes like the box I took it out of.
I will be asleep soon and it will probably be on the sofa.

Thursday
Thank God my mom will be here
She is a God send and gets all my laundry caught up
She can get more laundry washed, dried, folded and socks matched in 3 hours than I can in 3 weeks.
She also washes dishes, cleans my bathroom
and sometimes she makes us dinner.
I love Thursdays and her.

Friday
Work, work, work
Christmas party at my favorite eatery

Saturday
Work
The first of 5 Christmas celebrations
Another celebration Monday
2 on Tuesday plus Christmas Eve church-which is my fav fav fav
last on Wednesday when we head north to Bow Wa to see our Inman family
This is our VERY FAVORITE place to go.
I can't wait to squeeze Gram. She will be turning 94 early next year.
We cherish the days we get to spend with her.

I'm tired and crabby
I still have all our presents to wrap.
Really, what's the point of wrapping the kids already know 90% of their gifts.
I am out of soy milk and the rest of the family will be out tomorrow.
There is no time for a trip to the grocery store so I will be picking up milk at Landwehrs.
So much to do and so little time
I'll get it done.
Sometime.
or maybe not.

Blessed is me..

No comments:

Post a Comment