Sunday, November 24, 2013

Madalyns second favorite day ever.





Last year Madalyn didn't participate in any dance classes; much to her dismay.
During her basketball season, which was dreadful, she made it very clear that she NEVER wanted to play basketball again!
On a drive home from practice one night she looked over at me from her spot in the front seat (stop judging you judgy judgerton) and said
"I don't want to play basketball. I want to dance [as she clutched her hands over her heart] it is in me!"
Ya, ya I know.

This year she is in dance at Encore Studio with the beloved Miss Tia as her teacher.
She is participating in jazz and tap and she loves it.
She always has her dance bag packed and when we are getting ready to head to class she fills up a water bottle and grabs a snack for afterwards.

Encore is always participating in fun adventures from pregame dancing to dancing in the Disneyland Christmas parade.
Well, Friday night Mad had the privilege of dancing at a Blazer basketball game.
Honestly, I was dreading it.
We had to buy a new outfit including new boots, tickets to the game that we wouldn't stay to watch, leave early from work, take the kids out of school early and add two dress rehearsals to our already busy two weeks.
I would do it all again.

When I picked her up early from school she ran to the car.
When we got home she ran inside, grabbed her dance bag and ran to the truck.
She talked the ENTIRE way to Portland and kept asking "are we almost there?" "are we going to be late?"
These questions started before Knappa
When we parked in the parking garage I climbed in the backseat to fix her hair and put her makeup on.
She was so so excited.
I was a little nervous, ok a lot nervous.

As we walked over to the Rose Garden she was calm, cool and collected.
Not a hint of nerves and I think she would have ran to the box office if we would have let her.
We dropped her with her group with a little pep talk told her we loved her and off she went.

She did great and I am so proud of her.
She danced her little heart out.
(Mad is in the center)

When she was finished she ran off the floor with a big smile.
We picked her up at our designated meeting area and as she clutched The Farmers hand and we headed to the truck I thought
"we are in this for the long haul so I better get used to it"
She beamed with pride and she said she had
"so much fun."
After dinner at Red Robin she promptly fell asleep in the truck after what was her
"favorite day next to zip lining"


Blessed is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment