Thursday, May 2, 2013

When life gets heavy.. rest.





The quiet of the morning makes my mind wander.
My love and my kids are still snug in their nests.
Snoring dogs.
Barn kitties who just became mommas meow at the back door.
Frogs croaking, birds singing and the sun rising over the mountains with colors so vivid I wonder what it looks like on the other side of heaven.
log trucks rumbling by
So quiet, so peaceful, so still in my corner of the world.
But, the world seems to be spinning out of control.
What used to make sense now doesn't. 
Facebook is hard to read.
The news is hard to watch.
abortion, politics, no faith allowed in the military, NBA players deemed heroes because they are homosexual, war HEROES forgotten, hungry children, babies who have no one to call momma or daddy, addiction, sadness in so many.


What once seemed easy now seems hard.
One day runs into the next and I feel like I missed it.
Life for so many seems like a daily struggle and sometimes I am no exception.
Some days are hard.
Some days I wonder if the world will stop spinning just long enough for me to gain a little control.
It wont.
I like to be in control.
I like to have a plan.
I like to know what is going to happen next.
Right now I have no control
Right now my plans keep changing.
I have no idea what is coming.
What I rest in is the God is in Control.
God has a plan.
He knows what is going to happen next.
His plan is going to be HUGE!
Rest.
Resting isn't easy for me.
I am a doer.
But, I have no choice.
I have to rest.
I have been in a funk that I just can't shake. I can't shake it cause I am trying way to hard to do it my way. In the quiet of this morning I finally realized that if I just STOP trying to do it my way it will work out just right.
I don't have to fix everything.
So, today
I am a daughter of the One True King
and I am choosing to 
REST in His plan whatever it may be.
Resting in His timing.
Resting in Him.

He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Blessed is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment