Sunday, May 19, 2013

Farmhouse pictures!

 I was going through the pictures on my phone and found the 'before' pictures from when we first bought the farm. The changes are amazing!

Bathroom 1
Really nice wallpaper, no sink and you had to get in the shower by squeezing by the toilet.


 Laundry room/entrance
Note on the before picture all the brown on the ceiling.. that my friends is RAT PEE!

The new pantry and hall tree were made with wood from our barn, Jer's parents barn, Uncle Dan's house and from Jer's grandpa's wood pile.


Kitchen
2 layers of wallpaper to be taken down!
The 'new' cabinets were moved to this wall from about the stove area.


Open shelving pipes were custom made by J.H. Boatworks (cause Tim and Deb love me)
Only downside is the dishes on the way top have to be washed before I can use them cause they get greasy and dusty.

Jameson's Bedroom
GROSS carpet and moldy walls.



Madalyn's Bedroom
When we took the closet out you could see through the wall to the outside.



 Master Bedroom
Yellow walls and green carpet. This was Mrs. Kraft's bedroom.



Dining Room
There were FOUR layers of wallpaper! I saved the chandelier and it will go into the master bathroom when it is done being remodeled.





Fireplace
I love our fireplace! The wood, tin and nails were all found in the barn. The pegged piece is from the stable and was used to hold the halters for the Kraft's Draft Horses.




We aren't finished yet, but I love love love our little farmhouse. I feel like I have been here all my life. I wish that Johnny and Jean could see how much love bursts inside these walls. I know Jean would love to see Jameson with his barn boots on headed out to mend fence with Jer and to see Madalyn standing on a stool wearing my apron mixing cookie dough.





I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world. — George Washington

Blessed is me...



















1 comment:

  1. I loved looking through these, thank you for sharing!! Your house is beautiful and your creativity shines through.

    ReplyDelete