Saturday, May 25, 2013

BEST pancakes!

My friend Alaina shared her pancake recipe with me a few months back and I made them last Sunday for the first time. They are amazingly delicious and very filling. I wanted to share the recipe because even Jer who doesn't love pancakes likes these! I made up a few batches of the mix to have on hand so I can just scoop what I need. This is a double batch cause our kiddos will eat them throughout they day if there is any leftover.


Pancake batter
2 cups mix (see below)
1-1/4 c milk (any variety will work I have used cow and coconut)
1 cup cooked oats or mashed banana* (I have also mixed cooked oats and applesauce)
1 TBSP honey
2 eggs **
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon (I added this cause I think all pancakes are better with cinnamon, but you could leave it out)

depending on how thick or thin you like your pancakes you can add more mix to the batter. I like mine to be a little thick so I add about 1/4 cup extra mix.

* 2 pkg instant oatmeal is about 1 cup and you can find good instant oats in the health food department
** if you can't have eggs sub in 1-1/2 TBSP water, 1-1/2 TBSP oil and 1 tsp baking powder per egg


Mix:
2 cups ground oats. (just whiz in the blender)
2 cups flour (I use Bobs Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour)
4 TBSP sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp salt
I hope you like them as much as we do!


Blessed is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment