Friday, July 11, 2014

Another Fun Friday

Today we tried our hand at geocaching.
Jameson wasn't a huge fan and would have rather gone to Bruce's Candy Kitchen to see Grammie Julie!
We found a few, but our favorite was up at the Astor Column.
The kids were excited to sign the log book on their find and to leave a couple treasures in the box.




 While we were at the column the kids rolled their way down the big hill!



Then they wanted to hike down the Cathedral Trail which we were totally unprepared for


except Ryan. He has tennis shoes on. 
Me, well I'm in cowboy boots.

The kids loved the trail and I can't believe I've never been on it! 
It is beautiful!
The kids looked for Sasquatch.
Ryan tried some "squatch calls" as he called them and banging sticks, but we didn't have any luck.




We stopped at Peter Pan Market for some lunch.


Then headed over to Fred Meyer to bless two unsuspecting shoppers. 
I wasn't going to write about this portion of our trip because 
I don't want it to be about "look at us and what we did!!" it isn't about that, 
but I think it needs some words because a lesson was learned today.
By me and the kids.

I gave the kids a choice we could give 1 person a set amount of cash or we could split the money and give it to two people.
They decided on two.
The first amount went to an elderly couple who asked if the money was real.
The second to a mom pushing a cart with a baby.
The kids walked over to her and said
"excuse me we wanted to give you this for your groceries today"
Her face dropped as did her hand that was holding a calculator.
She glanced at me and asked if we were serious.
It appeared that she keeping track of what she was buying.
She almost instantly grabbed them and hugged them.
She was elated.
I told her to have a great day and we went on our way.

The kids then went to look around the store to see if anyone found their love notes and were happy to find that they were gone.
I hope whomever found them was happy they did.
 
In the truck the kids asked why the lady hugged them and "acted funny".
I got to share with them that sometimes people don't have enough money to buy food after all the bills are paid (if all the bills get paid).
I don't know if this was the case with her, but you just never know.
 
Our kids are lucky.
For them the thought of not having enough food as never entered their minds.
They have never started or ended their day with an empty tummy.
I pray they never do.
 
Sometimes we get caught up in the haves and have nots; myself included.
We need to remember there are people in our own backyards who are fighting legitimate struggles.
Our job is to reach and and help when we can
even if it is just a tiny bit. 
 
We headed home and wrapped up the day with some slip and sliding!
Giggles and shrieks all around.



After Ryan went home with his Momma I told the kids they needed a little quiet time on their beds reading, coloring or whatever else they wanted to do that was quiet.
They both chose naps
Fun Friday can be tiring I guess!




The kids are excited about what is on tap for our next adventure and I am too!
I hope when they are all grown up they look back on our Fun Friday's as some of their best days.
I know for me they have turned out to be much more than expected.

Blessed is me..


No comments:

Post a Comment