Friday, June 27, 2014

Fun Friday and Love Notes!



This summer I have decided to dedicate Friday's to doing something fun with the kids!
We are calling it 
Fun Friday!

Life is going by too fast and these little lives aren't going to be little for long.
Soon they wont want to hang out with me.

Last Friday we loaded up our bikes in our beast of a farm truck and headed out to
We rode from Coffenbury Lake to Battery Russell and then onto Peter Iredale.




They were sure to ask me if the shipwreck was there when I was little.
I think all kids think adults are SUPER old!


This morning I shared with the kids our plan for Fun Friday and they were jazzed!
I found this website a year or so ago and I just love the concept of spreading love all over.
is just about spreading love, giving someone a smile or even a little hope.
Writing a note and hiding it for a stranger to find can change a persons entire day!
If you know me at all you know I love love.
Love can be shown in so many ways.
A tender touch
A tight hug-my favorite
In words
Even in silence
I think if we loved more and pointed fingers less we could change the world.

I was surprised as I gathered the cards that the kids were so excited to get started.
We talked about Random Acts of Kindness and how maybe we would help someone that was having a bad day feel a little bit better
.
It's amazing how a lesson like that comes to light for kids sometimes so quickly.
On our way to guitar lessons today I stopped for coffee at Starbucks and the car in front of us paid for my coffee. 
Thanks Heidi!
Jameson excitedly said "HEY! That was a random act of kindness!"
We paid for the car behind us and Jameson beemed.
I love those learning moments.

Ryan, Madalyn and I  wrote out our cards while Jameson was at guitar and Jameson did his in the car.
We did 18 in all.

We labeled them like this so people would know they were for them

Mad even added some extra to hers


All the cards were written with zero prompting from me.
I didn't get to read all of them, but I did sneak a peek at some.




We headed to places in Warrenton and Astoria.
The kids were giddy in the car and couldn't wait to hide the cards!





I hope whomever finds them knows they were written with love in mind.

We then headed off to the pool for a swim!
The Linder/Stenblom kids are like little fishes.

I have planned for future Fun Fridays some geochaching, a trip to Tillamook Cheese Factory, a ride on the Rockaway Beach Steam Train and a day at Jasper Farms for a field day hosted by our 4h club.
We also have a few camping trips and our first Clatsop County Fair for Jameson.
We will probably be doing more love letter deliveries too because the kids loved it!

We are planning to pack as many memories into this summer as possible.
These three kids are only going to be 
8, 10 and 12 for this summer so we need to make the most of it!

Blessed is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment