Friday, March 21, 2014

Tired of feeling crummy and what I am doing about it!

Next month marks 3 years since our big move to the Kraft Dairy.
When we began working on the house and property I began experiencing some pains in my joints.
They would come and go.
Sometimes it would hurt a little sometimes it would hurt a lot.
Sometimes I felt like I was almost dragging a leg!

We chalked it up to a lot of things:
hormones
pms
work-since I stand most of the day
wrong shoes-listen a girl has to look good and I love wedges


The pain would come and go; not ever staying very long.
Then it started to come and stay longer, but also started affecting my muscles.
It didn't feel good, but I didn't think much of it and I didn't have time to deal with it.

I chalked it up to being work related.


I would complain to The Farmer because it is his job to listen to incessant whining from his wife about how she just doesn't feel good.

The pain began to become more frequent lasting a week or more at a time.
It was getting increasingly worse and it was starting to include weakness in my hands and legs.
A couple months back we spent the weekend doing chores and butchering chickens.
By Monday I could hardly move.
I was exhausted. 
Not just tired, but totally spent. 
It took me days to bounce back.
If I was a celebrity I would have surely been admitted into a swanky hospital to recover.
Alas, I am not a celebrity so I laid on the sofa as much as I could and The Farmer would build blazing infernos so I could lay in front of the fireplace under blankets trying to get warm..
I was a hot mess 
which is not a good combo when you have two little kiddos and a business to run.

Then, 5 weeks or so ago I was coloring my first clients hair and my feet went numb and felt hot.
I also was experiencing numbness in my arms and hands if I raised them very high.
I texted The Farmer who said he thought I needed to get to the dr. 
I then texted Dr. Schacher who said the same. "get to the dr within the week"
I did.

There our Dr looked me over and said
"it sounds like fibromyalgia, but we are going to start with blood work because the weakness isn't usually associated with fibro"
He wanted to rule out things like diabetes's, thyroid, arthritis and a bunch of other stuff I thought only old people got.
Enter the vampire.
Hands down Dr. Baxters nurse is the best at drawing blood.
Not. Kidding.

We waited.. and waited.. and waited..
all tests are within normal range.
I'm not gonna lie I was a little disappointed everything pointed to normal because it meant we still didn't have answers.

This week I went back for a follow up
More blood work, poking and prodding.
It hurts a whole big bunch if you touch certain parts of my body. 
For instance: my arms, back or thighs.
Poor Dr. Baxter poked the front of my thigh and I smacked his hands without even thinking.
It hurt and it sends shooting pains through wherever was touched!
The places he touched were all fibro tender spots he tells me.

Then he said:
"I think you have fibro and I want you to cut out all GLUTEN for the next 4 weeks and start exercising. Call and let me know how you are feeling in 3 weeks"
He also informed me that the best medicine for fibro is 2 hours of exercise a day!
A DAY!
Who on earth has time to exercise 2 hours a day???!

So today I am on day 2 of gluten free eating and I am doing a-okay.
Oh, but believe me on Wednesday when he said no more gluten I figured that since I already had gluten that day I might as well gorge myself on Fultanos breadsticks and pizza!
It was delicious and it will be missed.
So will:
Cinnamon Life cereal
Dave's Killer toast- I have a serious love for toast.
Pasta from The Supper Club

Fortunately for me Grandma Debbie has been preaching GF for years, so I am pretty familiar with what I can and can't have.
I have also become a pretty good GF baker.

I have also added in some Young Living oils as well as supplements and vitamins.
 I'm looking for a bicycle, considering yoga and am trying to eat more veggies.
Luckily for me I work with the best massage therapist in the county.
She has relieved a weeks worth of pain with even 30 minutes of massage.
Water, water, water I have to drink MORE water!

Let's face it I am ready to feel better.
I want to sleep an entire night without wrestling around trying to find a comfortable spot and I would like to be able to sleep in our bed again!
I want to spend days working outside with The Farmer and letting the kids climb up on my lap without having to tell them to be careful.
I would like Dr. Baxter to be able to give me an exam without him having to fear being slapped!
I don't want to spend my weekends off recovering from a busy work week that has taken it's toll.
I'm ready to not feel like an old woman!

So here is to making changes and feeling a whole lot better!

Blessed is me...


No comments:

Post a Comment