Sunday, March 23, 2014

Gluten Free Banana Muffins

I love to bake so I plan on testing out some GF recipes so I can still have the same yummy treats I have always enjoyed!
When you Google any GF recipe approximately one bazillion pop up.
Most are disgusting.
 
I have made many GF desserts in the past, but since it looks like I am going to be making a shift from
rootin for gluten
to 
just say no to gluten
I thought I best get to compiling a list of tried and true recipes.

Today I found this banana bread recipe and since my bananas were turning a lovely shade of brown and yellow polka-dot it was a perfect time to try it out!

I made a few substitutions
I used:
Duck eggs instead of chicken eggs
and
Olive oil in place of canola oil

My choice for the GF baking mix was Pamela's baking mix
In my past GF dessert making I have found that some baking mixes taste beany.
I don't love that.
 Pamela's doesn't have any hint of bean.

I also made muffins instead of bread because they are easier to grab on the way out the door and our kiddos love muffins.

I baked them for 20 minutes and it made 24 muffins.

I also didn't go to the trouble of using two bowls. 
I whizzed up all the wet ingredients, salt and soda in my blender then dumped the baking mix in.
This is a double bonus for me because I can pour the batter right into the muffin cups without many drips and I only have one thing to wash.
When you have an almost Amish kitchen with no dishwasher minimizing dishes is a must!

The muffins are SUPER moist and don't fall all apart like some GF breads do.
I slathered on some butter and ate one right after dinner.
It was DELICIOUS and Madalyn gave me a thumbs up!

Blessed is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment