Saturday, January 18, 2014

Never a dull moment

Oh my, oh my, oh me oh my..

We had a busy busy day today.
I had to be to work at 8.
The kids had a goat seminar for 4h at 9.
The Farmer had to teach a tractor safety class at 1230.
My favorite nephew was playing in his first basketball tournament at 3 and I needed to squeeze in a trip to the dreaded grocery store for milk.

After all our 4h duties were finished Jameson went with The Farmer and Mad stayed with me. 
We headed to Seaside for basketball.
We enjoyed watching the game. That is a lot of running and I was tired just watching them.
I am also surprised at the size of some of those middle school boys.
A couple of them have to be pushing 6 feet!
After the game we headed for Freddies.

At Freddies Madalyn asked if she could get a special treat.
After asking what she wished for I agreed because she wanted her own shower gel.
She chose a blue colored one that smelled of citrus and berries.
She also picked one for Jameson.
She rode home with the shower gel on her lap.
She could hardly wait to get home to get in the shower.

We laughed all the way home talking in funny voices and laughing like villains and witches.
She was cracking me up as usual.
We get home she jumps out, feeds her rabbit and heads for the shower.
While she is showering I get dinner going.
I am sitting at the computer.
The Farmer on the sofa.
Jameson puttering around.

I hear Madalyn coming and she is crying and then this happens:
"Mom, something happened! Something really bad happened"
She is wrapped in a towel and has it covering her face.
I ask her what happened and she lowers the towel.
She SHAVED her eyebrows OFF!
Oh, she has a little left on both; but not much.
I say "oh you shaved your eyebrows off huh", trying not to laugh at her.
"NO I DIDN'T the water was too hard and they JUST came off!" she tells me.
I turn and look at The Farmer and he is looking up at the ceiling also trying not to laugh.
Now, our farm has a lot of strong points, but water pressure isn't one of them.
It defiantly can't remove hair. 
Not even close.
It can barely get all the shampoo out of my hair.
 I tell her that I know that the water didn't do it and its a good lesson for her not to touch things that aren't hers.
She is melting down.
"will they grow back"
"I look hideous!"
"I am NOT going to school"
as she stomps off to her bedroom to get pj's on
"I HATE LIFE" she yells

Laughing..... 

I get dinner finished and she is bawling in her room pushing things and jumping up and down.
Basically she is hysterical.
I tell her she needs to calm down and that it is her fault.
She yells at me that she can't calm down.
And then I yelled.
I know I know I shouldn't.

She joins us for dinner and spends the entire dinner with her hand over her eyebrows.
After dinner she held a paper towel over them.
I tried to take a picture. She wont let me.
She asked what I can put on them to grow them back faster. 
The Farmer suggests drawing them on with a Sharpie.
I suggest bangs.
She asks if the Sharpie will work. It wont.
She agrees to bangs.

All is well now and she will be back in class next week, loving life again with new bangs.

Blessed is me...

P.S. don't mention the shaved brows to her. She is a little sensitive. Ok a lot sensitive

No comments:

Post a Comment