Friday, July 12, 2013

2 years at the Kraft Dairy

Tomorrow marks the 2nd year since we signed ownership papers of the former Kraft Dairy. It has been 2 years full of hard work, love, rotten walls, projects, animals, stress, washing dishes by hand and so much more. I feel like I have lived here my whole life. I love to drive up our long gorgeous driveway past the stable, past the milk house and barn where I park in front of our tiny little home with just enough room. I can't even explain how much I love living here.
 
Since moving here we have:

Gotten some new additions to our family.
 Duke our border collie was a gift from the Cowan family to Jameson for helping take care of all the Jersey heifers at Papa Moo's house. He has been a great pup and Bella tolerates him. Duke likes Jer the best and whines at the window if he can't be outside with Jer.
Add 3 foster chickens to our 12 chickens and 1 duck plus 16 foster rabbits!



 Done a few projects. These are my two favorite.



Built and planted a garden

 

Watch the sunrise many times. 
I am still in awe at how beautiful it is coming up over the mountains.




Learned how to shoot a gun


 worked the fields on the tractor and ran through the puddles in barn boots


Celebrated one Christmas


Washed A LOT of dishes by hand looking out this window
(not such a bad view)


Found some confidence


The Farmer built some and is still building fence.
All while looking hot..


Mad has of course managed to look very fashion forward while doing all of it.


Jer and I dreamed of owning this farm for a long time even having our first ever family photos here.


Not everyday on the farm has been easy, but everyday has been overflowing with love.
There are big exciting things in store for The Kraft Dairy and
I think Johnny and Jean would be proud..


Blessed is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment