Monday, June 10, 2013

Kitty goes to town!



Last year about this time we got two barn kitties. They have been catching and devouring the vermin that live in and around the barn. Snakes, mice and of course the food we feed them. Well this year they both became mommas. 9 kittens between the two of them. Tramps.
The momma kitties chose very good hiding places to give birth and to take care of their little babes. This last weekend the moms have decided to move the babies. I am sure they are ready to have those babies weaned and they wanted us to know it. One tucked her babies behind a wood pile in the carport and the other dumped hers under my car and then moved them to the bushes by the milk house.
Speed up to today. I left to head to an appointment at the salon and ran to TCR to say bye to Jer then headed to town. I was at the salon for about two hours went to the bank then stopped for coffee at Journeys End. I pull up to the window and hear a baby kitty "meow.. meow" WHAT THE!?
I asked Vanessa if she heard it and she did. I got out as did Slotte who was behind me in line, but we couldn't find anything. We concluded that it must be under the coffee shop.
I head home and get a text from Jer saying that when I left TCR a kitten fell out of my car!
GAAAH!
This means I likely have a kitten that has ridden to town, chilled for two hours while I was in the salon, then around town and back home UNDER MY CAR!
As I step out of my car in the driveway I hear "meow.. meow" and the grey momma kitty runs over under my car and lays down. The baby keeps calling to her mom and the mom starts to talk back. After a few minutes the baby jumps down!
It was a happy reunion. Momma licked, nursed and snuggled her little dare devil!

Here are some pictures of the reunion....




 and you'll never guess what happens next! The damn thing walks under the car and jumps back up there! 


 I'll be working to get it down before this evening! It is leaving for it's new home tonight!


Blessed is me...















 


No comments:

Post a Comment