Sunday, September 9, 2012

First and Third

Our little gems are tucked away in their beds ready for school to begin. When I went in to check on them Jameson was lights out, but Mad was awake "too excited to sleep." She asked if I would rub her back. As I stood rubbing her back and gently stroking her hair I can't help but feel that time is passing way faster than I thought it would. As her eyes got heavy and she rolled over I got tears in my eyes. Tomorrow she goes off to 1st grade. I feel like I was just yesterday they were learning to walk, talk, and write their names. Now Jameson can read, write, and do multiplication not to mention a great speller! Madalyn has nailed the talking part, can read with a little help, and is a great note writer. Her phonetic spelling is my favorite part of those notes.


Outfits are laid out. It is just an orientation day tomorrow, but first impressions are very important. It is interesting that Jameson tossed his clothes in a pile unfolded and Madalyn has her shirt set upon her pants with a coat nearby.
Here are the kids from Kinder to 3rd grade...


Worst mom ever.. I don't have individual pictures of this kids last year! I will try harder this year and I hope Jameson will let me take a picture of him without his hand in front of his face!

I am super excited to see what comes this year and to see how our kids are going to grow. 
My prayers are:

For Jameson to try new things even though he may fail. For him to know that it is ok to make new friends even though "nothing is wrong with the friends I have". For him to gain self confidence. For him to continue having a kind, compassionate heart. For him to know that we are proud of him. For him to know that we would go to the ends of the earth to help him succeed.

For Madalyn to continue on her self assured path. For her to help her friends when they need it. For her to not let anyone squash her unique style. For her to do all things fervently. For her to make new friends and reunite with the friends she made last year. For her to be brave as she walks into school without her brother. For her to know we are proud of her. For her to know that we would go to the end of the earth to help her succeed.

So as we say hello to Fall and goodbye to Summer I can't help but think about how much faster time is going to go as our kids get older. My mom used to tell me that the older you get the fast time goes. It never made sense to me until I was a mom myself.

Blessed is me...


No comments:

Post a Comment