Monday, August 13, 2012

Girls day!!

Madalyn and I planned to have a girls day today since Daddy would be at work and Jameson would be at kids camp!

Since Saturday Mad has had a rash on her neck and chin. It appeared to be an allergic reaction to something cause she felt fine and didn't have a fever.

  
We planned a quick trip to the urgent care, but our quick trip turned into over 2 hours. Who knew they would be so busy? The allergic reaction turned out to be hot tub folliculitis. You can read about that here if you want to. No worries it will go away on it's own and isn't contagious! On to GIRLS DAY!

Next we headed over to Marie Antoinette's cupcakes. I knew she would LOVE it there. She had a delish vanilla cupcake and I had a chai. We traded frosting cause she didn't like the vanilla so much. She informed me of where she would put her furniture if that was her bedroom. If you haven't been there you should stop in for a treat. They are really yummy!



The we were off to Madalyn's 2nd favorite store. Staples! Macy's is her 1st favorite. This girls loves office supplies almost as much as she loves clothes.  



We really lived life on the edge today. Mad sat in the FRONT seat! Judge if you want, but I loved rocking out to Pontoon and Something bout a truck with her.


We stopped by to see Grammy and Mad was glad to see she was "back on her feet."





Came home and made some zucchini bread from Mrs. Krafts cookbook. Here is the recipe if you want to try it out.

We rounded out the day having a picnic with Daddy who was mowing our field. A yummy dinner of pork chops, roasted beets, fresh green beans, and GIANT blueberries from my dear friend Diana. 


She must have had a fun day cause I not only got a note from her she paperclipped a piece of gum to the note. If you know Mad she isn't a big sharer of her gum.
She is now crashed on the sofa snuggled under a blanket. She sleeps in a sweatshirt and sweats just like I do. I don't suggest waking either one of us up unless you like poking a bear with a stick. Just pick us up and carry us to bed. I hope she enjoyed today as much as I did.

Blessed is me..

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your special Mommy/Daughter day... I love you BIGGER than the sky! <3

    ReplyDelete